Nutrition or what you put in your mouth is responsible for 70% of the puzzle when it comes to weight and or bodyfat loss. So if you want to be healthy, look and feel better – then having discipline with your nutrition is one of the most important steps.
There are thousands of fad diets out there, some are based loosely on science and others are just plain old stupid. Diets don’t work – sorry but it the truth. Nutrition – Discipline nutrition is the secret to being health, looking better and feeling better.
There are many myths about nutrition one of my first blogs went through some of the main ones you can read that by clicking here. But I believe that there are 5 non negotiable rules. Here they are:
1. Avoid the four white Devils – white sugar, white flour, processed dairy and table salt. These products are heavily processed and have little to no nutritional value – just empty calories. They are found in many processed and packaged foods.
2. Eat your vegetables – raw or lightly steamed but never overcooked. Overcooking destroys the valuable nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
3. Eat your proteins – protein is one of the major building blocks of cells so it is extremely important that we eat enough of it. Eat real protein for animal products; chicken, fish meat and eggs. Like vegetables try not to overcook your proteins, but make sure you fully cook your chicken!
4. Drink your water. Your body is made of around 75% water, and it uses 2.5 -3 litres per day. Only water not tea, coffee, juice, soft drinks or milk are suitable substitutes for good old h2o.
5. Get yourself Metabolic Typed – from there you can concentrate on eating the right ratios of protein, carbohydrates and fats. I probably sound like a broken record – but this is one of the most important steps. I don’t like to give nutritional advice without first know a person’s metabolic type.
Most of the steps seem logical – the real challenge is having the discipline to adhere to them.